Good afternoon friends, welcome back to HYIPING MONEY, your daily resource HYIP blog.
Although i had a few HYI Programs to review, but today since i have some free time, i decided to present an article, regarding an issue, very important to all the HYIP investors.
As you have guessed already from the title of the post,the topic for this post, would revolve around the issue of ‘How to protect your LibertyReserve account from hacking attacks’.
I am certain, that most of us have already heard of incidents or rumors, that many have lost thousands due to hacking. Well, the newcomers in this industry may have the impression, that these are only rumors. But perhaps, i am a very trusted person, in this respect that hacking attacks are a reality, because in my early days, when i first started investing in HYIPs, three years back,i was a victim of one of those hacking attacks.Thereafter i did a lot of research on how to prevent these hacking attacks. Discussed the issue with Computer engineers, some of my friends and even visited hacker’s forum.And actually, it is the newbies who are most vulnerable to such attacks.
In the first part of this post, i will attempt to lay down the precautions, that i personally consider absolutely necessary to prevent such attacks.
1. Create a separate e-mail account for your LibertyReserve account, and do not disclose this mail to anybody.Keep this mail, solely for this use.
2. After creating an account at LibertyReserve, a mail comes to your e-mail address. First thing you should do is, note down the password,login pin and the master key, in a separate piece of paper, and delete that mail permanently. [As i have told you before, after the hacking attack that i suffered, i did visit many hacker's forums.From whatever information i gathered, it is not that difficult to hack gmail accounts]
3. Always use a antivirus and a firewall.
4.It is also preferable, to use the Mozilla Firefox browser, for enhanced security. [ Most of my engineer friends, were of this opinion]
5. The LibertyReserve site also provides an ‘Add-on’ for Firefox browser called the LibertyGuard, that ensures that you have reached the real LibertyReserve website, and not any fake ones. I personally recommend, to install this add-on in your browser.
6. While logging into your LibertyReserve account, always use the virtual-keyboard available at the LibertyReserve site.Never use your computer keyboard.
7. Last but not the least, Please do not click any link, that you receive by mails. Forged mails are the most common sources, by which the keylogger virus, is installed in your computer.
What measures you can take, once you have been hacked, to prevent further hacking attacks?
Coming to the second part of this post.First thing you need to do is come out of the initial horror you experience, and calm your mind. When an hacking attack has taken place, certainly your computer is infected, most probably with a keylogger virus.Usually,the most common source are the phishing mails, which the investor has unknowingli clicked.
Well,to find the answer to this question, i had to research a lot. Asked this question to fellow investors, computer engineers and even posted questions at several hacker’s forums.
Below, i present the consensus opinions.
1.The consensus was, if anybody has suffered a hacking attack, it is prudent to transfer all your files and documents, to an external hard drive, and re-install a fresh copy of Windows.[As most of the attacks are suffered by Windows operating system users, which is also the most common system used world-wide.I am limiting the discussion only to Windows users.It appears other operating systems like Mac or Linux are far more secured.
1.Some of my friends, who work in computer firms, were of opinion, that it is also preferable to change your I.P Address, after such an attack.Their rationality, was this keylogger virus can remember the i.p address, and are capable of re-infecting the system, even after you re-install Windows and an anti virus.
2. After re-installing Windows and getting a new i.p address from your internet provider, the next step would be to install a fresh copy of anti virus.Internet connection should only be activated, after you have thoroughly scanned your computer.
3.The final step would be to follow all the instructions, mentioned in the first part of this article.
Well, if the afore-mentioned measures are sincerely followed, i hope most of the HYIP investors, even the newcomers can keep the hackers away.
That brings us to the end of this post.I have plans to post more articles, related to basics related to online investment, that i personally consider extremely relevant to the HYIP investors.
Hopefully, this article will be informative to all.Bye for now.Take care.
Delivered by FeedBurner